Why should you try Bing Ads?
Differences between Google & Bing Ads.
I’m sure you’ve heard about Microsoft – a multinational technology corporation producing computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. One of those services is Bing Ads recently rebranded to Microsoft Advertising.
Bing Ads is an advertising platform that allows you to display your ads on the Bing search engine (Bing, Yahoo, and AOL) and other Microsoft properties like MSN, Outlook.com, and more. This platform is very similar to Google Ads (both how it works and what the interface looks like) but there are numerous differences and benefits to this platform.
In this blog article we’ll take a closer look at the most significant differences between Google Ads and Bing Ads:
- Less Competition: Since Bing has a significantly smaller market share than Google there is also less competition in advertising space which translates to lower cost per click. With a similar budget, you can get your ads shown much more often and in higher positions in search results.
- Lower CPC: From our experience, the average cost per click on Bing Ads is typically 30-50% lower than on Google Ads. This can be beneficial for businesses with a limited advertising budget or for testing new ideas with lower risk. Also, assuming that conversion rates on Google and Bing are comparable, a lower cost per click can contribute to a lower overall cost per conversion.
- Large User Base: While Bing certainly isn’t the most popular search engine, it still has over 1.1 billion monthly searches. More importantly, Bing Ads can reach over 60 million users that Google Ads cannot. This means that you have access to a large pool of potential customers who are actively searching for products and services.
- Demographics: Bing works with users who have substantial buying power. The audience is older and tends to have higher incomes. The largest age group representing over 29% of Bing users are users aged between 25-34. Also, about 30% of the Bing Network has a household income of over $100,000.
- Control: While Google gradually removes manual targeting options and leaves advertisers to rely only on automated algorithms, Bing still keeps the control in hands of advertisers. Bing offers more granular device targeting and adgroup-level targeting options. Also, Bing has more transparent reporting with detailed data on search partners.
If you already run campaigns in Google Ads, you should not have any problem with running Bing Ads. Dashboards are very similar and there is even an option to import (and bulk change) your Google Ads campaigns.
Microsoft also recently launched Ads for Social Impact with the idea to help nonprofit organizations increase awareness of their brand & mission with free Bing Ads credit worth $3000 / month.
In conclusion, Bing Ads is a valuable and often overlooked advertising platform that can help you reach a targeted audience, and drive incremental website traffic and conversions. It offers a range of advanced features and is often less expensive than other advertising platforms. If you’re not already using Bing Ads yet, we’d recommend running a small test campaign, comparing the results with your Google Ads campaigns, and scaling it further if the results look promising.
At AboveX Digital we manage Bing Ads campaigns for numerous nonprofit organizations. These campaigns naturally complement Google Ad Grants campaigns and significantly contribute to increased reach, clicks, and conversions – often at a lower cost than Google Ads campaigns.
Contact us if you’re interested in trying Bing Ads for your nonprofit organization!Back to previous page
Google Ad Grants account?
Schedule your free Ad Grants consultation today.
Useful Ad Grants Tips & Tricks
- Ad Grants
Comparison Of Bid Strategies In Ad Grants
Learn to choose the optimal bid strategy.Read more
- Ad Grants
Top 10 Most Common Ad Grants Mistakes – Part 2
Common mistakes & tips to avoid them.Read more
Contact us directly or schedule a slot to talk to our expert team!
- AboveX Digital LLC
- 4023 Kennett Pike #50116, Wilmington, DE 19807 USA
- +1 (619) 330-9997
- Mon – Fri 9:00 am – 5:00 pm EST